Adventures?

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I finally graduated...


Today was the big day and it's now official, I'm a university graduate! Whew! Feels like it was really a long time coming. And the day was much less boring than I bargained for. Luckily I sortof knew the girl sitting beside me...we were the lone development studies majors who showed up, so at least I had someone to chat with.

AND for anyone who went to the UofC.....the sign guy graduated today! I meant to remember his name so that I could call him by that rather than "the sign guy". I was a little disappointed that he didn't try to walk the stage with it, but his family held it proud for most of the ceremony. I guess it could be seen as a bit of a mockery....but the real mockery was really the jester outfits that faculty had to wear. Wow, I couldn't help but giggle every time one of them stood up.

So now I'm off to bed to hopefully get a good rest before the adventure begins tomorrow. It isn't really a super exciting day because we just fly to Dallas for an overnight layover, but it's the beginning of the trek, so stay tuned for more!

~Dee

4 Comments:

  • At 6:10 a.m., Blogger kristen said…

    Sign guy graduated?!?!? How exciting. Did he at least get a masters degree because he's been around since my first or second year.
    Congratulations!!! I guess that means you finished that Athabasca course.
    Hey, were the Spanish degrees being handed out too?

     
  • At 6:46 a.m., Blogger Dee said…

    Nope, he just got a BA in philosophy...I was surprised too because he was already a legend when I started! I wish I had asked him what he did it for...but that would take away from the fun of all the rumours floating around I guess...

    The did give out Spanish degrees. I think your friend Miriam was there...and Master Jordan was in the program! I wanted them to read his name so I could cheer!

     
  • At 10:20 a.m., Blogger Heather said…

    You pic is cute! You're all growns up!

    I've been looking for sign guy around campus this year... Now I know why I haven't seen him!

     
  • At 7:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats!! Our little Dee is all growed up - go gett'm girl!!!
    Nen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home