Adventures?

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lists

So, keeping with the list theme, here's a new one.

I've been thinking a little lately about how I miss University. Maybe its because a lot of my part-time staff are uni students, but I miss that different kind of stress and pressure...I learned how to play the university game, and learning the 'real world' one makes me miss it.

Here are the things I miss about university:

*The Vortex
*Playing games in the vortex....ah, and I'll never forget the day the automatic door was on the fritz...
*Speaking spanish
*DEST events
*Rez parties
*Going out every night except Mondays my first year
*The corner desk on floor 9 of the library tower
*Wisdom's seminar's
*Ernesto
*Kobe beef
*Slurpees from the stor...K do you remember the old name for it??
*Fridays at Max's
*GNST 500 debates
*Finishing a big paper
*Studying outside in the spring
*BSD!!!
*Online National editorial meetings for Undercurrent
*Sleep-ins
*The campus in the fall


I'm sure there are many more things I will think of, but I'm tired so I'm off to bed.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 11:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Imagine: You, going back to school... what would you study?

     
  • At 6:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Besides the vortex and BSD, I miss:
    -the ever so nappable confines of the law library.
    -baskets of fries at Max's
    -Veggie pitas from the Den
    -the irresponsibility of "youth"
    -psych classes (all of them...except the lab part of my rat class. i don't miss my escapades howard the wonder rat at ALL)
    -taco tuesdays
    -the blue couch
    -shenanigans at the ed cafeteria
    Again, i'm sure there are more, but that is enough for now
    (and no, i don't remember the pre-stor name, but they sold punkys and i miss those too)

     
  • At 7:45 a.m., Blogger Dee said…

    Ah, naps in the law library...and the magic blue couch, and the ed cafeteria...yes, those were some good times!

     
  • At 10:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, what have you been up to, lately?

    Peter

     
  • At 9:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me again...
    I was wondering: what do you do for a living now? Last time you told me, you work in a drugstore? But you changed? So, you don't sell anymore?

    Peter

     
  • At 9:02 a.m., Blogger Heather said…

    -blizzards from DQ and me and Katie both getting them so it wasn't bad.
    -I also miss not doing my homework but it was okay because Katie didn't either.
    -I miss BSD a lot, but I think I'll go this year anyway!
    -five cent candies from STOR (not THE stor because the name was just stor)
    -definitely sneaking into the law library
    I miss so many more things, but I can't even begin.

     
  • At 9:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8073885686028484096&q=jim+carrey

    for all the jim-carey-lovers.

     
  • At 8:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    www.cavalia.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home