Adventures?

Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Canada Day!

Well, it's a few days late, but better late than never. I've been REALLY busy for the past few days with all the moving and setting Jimmie up in our new condo. It was a lot of work but the place looks great and I think that he'll be really happy there....gotta admit I'm a little jealous that I don't get to live there for now, but that day will come!

On Saturday MAW and I participated in our first parades with the Promotion Committee. It was so much fun and we learned many a valuable lesson....like as soon as the parade is over jump on the wagon or you WILL get left behind! ;o)

It was a great day all in all. The Banff/Canmore parades have always been my favorite and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to interact with the crowd on a parade route. A fun change after the dozens of parades I've done with the bands. Here are some pictures from the parade preparations.....I got to braid a horse's tail and by the end of the day MAW and I were pros at setting up/taking apart the wagon and loading it into the truck! Fun fun fun!












8 Comments:

  • At 10:39 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    K, I thought of you lots as I ran around Banff and Canmore...hopefully you'll be in town for Canada day again soon and we can have a few drinks on the rooftop of the Rose & Crown!

     
  • At 5:21 a.m., Blogger kristen said…

    Perhaps we'll even get some free drinks as well...

     
  • At 7:21 a.m., Blogger Dee said…

    And meet some cowboys with even BIGGER belt buckles...

     
  • At 12:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is that you with the blue shirt? Is it overthere as hot as it is here in England?

    Peter

     
  • At 6:22 p.m., Blogger kristen said…

    we'll have to learn to two step...

     
  • At 1:05 p.m., Blogger kris said…

    Hey dee, here's a site you might find interesting: www.sitemeter.com. It will let you know (sort of) where the people are coming from who view your site. I've never used it to identify a particular person but you might be able to line up the time of the comment with the time on the site meter.

    I get a lot of views from Calgary and Ottawa, but I also get a regular visit from someone in Mountain View California. I don't have a clue who that could be. Someone visits from Hamilton, Sunnyvale Cali. and a few other places and I don't know who these people are. I've also had people show up at my blog through strange google searches (e.g. "metacam still limping", or something like that). At least I just have voyeurs, not creepy antagonists. It has made me think twice about what I say though.

     
  • At 1:13 p.m., Blogger kris said…

    One more thing, do you use Shaw Cable and Firefox?

     
  • At 7:14 p.m., Blogger kristen said…

    PS...you still need to email me the new address. i have something to send you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home