Adventures?

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And Now....

I will finally write a bit of an update.....

K is right. Looking for a house is what I have been up for the past few months. Of course there have been many other things keeping me busy, but whenever I have had a free moment to be online I have been looking at listings. I was hoping to be able to post a listing with a sold sign on it, but alas, there have been three different offers in as many months and all have fallen through the cracks. All very different actually, but none seemed to be as devastating as this last one was for us. It would have been affordable for us, AND the having the river right behind would have been absolutely perfect for our preferred lifestyle. Listen to me talk like I would have been living there right away. The plan is actually for Jimmie to live in whatever we buy until we get married, but we want to get into the market now since real estate in Calgary is skyrocketing with no sign of slowing down. We will find something better in other ways I know. But I just can't help hoping that the people who got the house we wanted won't be able to get their financing in order by Friday and it will hit the market again....I can't give up until it is truly a gonner!

So, some other things I have been up to:

I interviewed and was selected to join the Promotions Committee for the Calgary Stampede. So far it's just been lots of meetings and orientations and I've volunteered at one event. But I'm getting excited for the season coming up. It looks like it will be lots of fun, and Jim's sister MAW and I are doing it together and I'm really excited for the extra time I will get to spend with her.

I've been to two concerts: Rob Thomas and of course the OLP concert I blogged about last week. I'm not usually much of a concert goer, but Cate has invited me to the last few and I've really enjoyed myself. I'll have to take her up on more invites since she goes to lots!

On Friday I went to Stars on Ice with MAW and Jim's mom. It was so exciting to see some of my old favourites like Elvis, and Todd Eldridge.....and Kurt Browning in pleather pants. It's funny that such a nerdy looking guy can pull off pleather pants but he wore them well and I think that any man who can pull off the moves that man can in pleather, all the power to him!!

Of course Mom turned 50, so we had a party for her on the weekend. And I had the big 2-4 a while back so there have been lots of festivities over the past few weeks. I had a little shindig at Cat and Fiddle...come on, where else?? And it was lots of fun. Jimmie partied harder that EVERYBODY else of course, and I had to break in to the bathroom at his house in the middle of the night to make sure he was alive.....

Soccer season has started up again and I'm excited because I think that we'll have a good season. We have a few new players who seem quite good and are lots of fun so far. The first game is this weekend, but I will be missing it to head up to Edmonton for a meeting with Jess and her bridal party...we have some dress shopping to do!! Who knows though? I think there is snow in the forecast for the weekend so maybe my game will be postponed and I won't have to miss it.....we'll see!

Alright, I'm sure that there are many more things I could add to this update, because I've been crazy busy, but that's all you get for now. I have to head out and meet Jimmie for some drinks...it's his birthday tomorrow and I have to work so I figured I'd better do a little celebrating today!

11 Comments:

  • At 10:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you're smart and very succesful in life... too bad about the house, you deserve it. We'll cross our fingers for Friday!

     
  • At 8:05 a.m., Blogger Dee said…

    Thank you!

    I feel a little guilty thinking negative thoughts for someone else who probably wants that house badly as well...but it CAN'T possibly be as perfect for them as it is for us!

     
  • At 9:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can hear in your words that you really love it... and when it's perfect for you...that kind of thoughts are allowed... :o)

     
  • At 5:13 p.m., Blogger Heather said…

    Good luck deeds! You'll find the place!

     
  • At 5:09 a.m., Blogger kristen said…

    meh...nothing wrong with hoping things work out in your favour...
    you should have told us you were interviewing with the stampede-i don't know if it would have helped, but i happen to be related to someone on the board of directors....(not that you didn't do just fine on your own)

     
  • At 2:33 p.m., Blogger Kirst said…

    Congrats on the Stampede job. Does that mean you aren't working for Shoppers anymore? Keep us updated on the house situation.

     
  • At 4:21 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    The stampede thing is just a Volunteer thing so I'm still at shoppers, just making myself busier than I already am!

    We're bidding on another house tonight, so I'll let you know!

     
  • At 1:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you get the house?

     
  • At 7:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nope we're going for try #5 tonight. We missed the last one because someone bid $33000 over the list price with no conditions. How can anyone compete with that??

    Dee

     
  • At 8:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep us up-to-date! We're really crossing our fingers for ya! We hope you'll find a "no-place-like-home"-house for you and Jimmie.

     
  • At 6:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home