Adventures?

Saturday, April 01, 2006

I miss school

I never thought that I would feel this way, but I do. I miss school. A lot. I miss learning, I miss having people to chat with that will know what I'm talking about, I miss debating issues, I EVEN miss the late night library sessions!

Ah the library. I used to bring in my laptop and work on papers in the info commons because I get too distracted at home, but it was not always all that distraction free. Has anyone else noticed the sub-culture that exists in the library? There are about 3 or 4 cliques who like to hang out in the library. Some of them are doing work, at a very slow pace mind you with all the interruptions of their friends, and many of them are just there to socialize. In the Library. Strange, I know. And they spent so much time in there that they thought they owned the place. They didn't care how much noise they made and made fun of anyone who shot them angry looks when they shouted to each other across the room.....ah it was annoying on the days when I forgot my headphones to drown them out, but so interesting to watch. Who woulda thunk the library would be a good place to people watch?

Anyway, I digress. So I don't know if it's just that I've been out of school for almost a year now, or that I've been in my job for 6 months so the learning curve is leveling off, but I'm getting the itch to go back to school...I just don't know what I want to do. This program fascinates me and I know that I would love it, but a joint MBA/MSW would make me much more employable....I guess I have lots of time to decide because applications are generally not until February....

1 Comments:

  • At 5:27 p.m., Blogger Heather said…

    School is for suckers.

    Well, not really. But that's what I feel like at the moment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home