Adventures?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

4 times in one day!


Yep that's right 4 times. Driving out to my store that is. Yesterday was a REALLY long day!

The first extra trip was to go meet Jimmie to look at a house - potentially very exciting - but it turned out to be a bit of a dump to I was really disappointed....not really worth an hour and a half in the car that's for sure. But I did get to hang out with Jim briefly mid-day so that was nice. ;o)

To make up for leaving in the middle of the day I stayed for a few extra hours and then went home to feed my mom. Hehe...she would hate that I put it that way, but that's really what I did. I was home long enough to get her some dinner and left to go eat Kirsten's cooking which is WAY better than mine. Tuesday night dinner was lots of fun even though I was late. I learned how to play Settlers. So nerdy, I love it.

As I was driving away from her house, thinking about how exciting it would be to catch up on my sleep with a nice early night and a sleep in the next morning, I checked my voicemail to find the first message about crisis #1 for the evening. No supervisor to open the store the next morning. Shit. I sure didn't want to have to get up at 6 to go do it. 5 phone calls and very little bargaining later. I found someone willing to go in early and open. Crisis averted.

So I went home watched a little TV, read a little Harry Potter and drifted off into dreamland....only to be awoken at 10 past 12 with crisis # 2. My night supervisor on the phone telling me that the pharmacist (usually responsible for the locking of store) was a relief pharmacist and he left without locking up....boo.

Out of bed I get, pull on some clothes and head out the door. Although very groggy from being woken up minutes before, I had the brains to take the car with heated seats to make the 20 minute drive out of the city a little more pleasant.

At about quarter to 1 I arrived at the store, a little miffed at the lack of planning on our owners part (he schedules the Rx staff), but generally in good spirits considering....only to walk up to the door, meet the two night staff who were waiting for me and realize....my key to the store is on MY key ring not the ring to the car I drove out there. Damn. Guess I wasn't really all that awake when I left the house. So now I had to drive all the way back into the city and out to Okotoks again....swearing at myself the whole way....grrrrr....sometimes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What happened?

    Peter

     
  • At 7:44 a.m., Blogger Heather said…

    That is really really shitty. I think I MAY have quite by the time I had to go back a second time...

    Hopefully next tuesday you won't have to do that...

     
  • At 4:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh my god ... so that's what happened.
    Are you and Jim househunting? Cool...

    Peter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home