Adventures?

Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Singing Giant

Went to Ceili's last night to hang with K and watch a friend of her's perform. It was lots of fun! You know the guy's gotta be good if he landed a weekly gig at Ceili's, and I have seen him before but man, did I ever enjoy the little concert last night. Last time I saw him it was on the lower level where there are tonnes of walls and a big 'ol bar in the the way, so we couldn't actually see him singing. Which is part of the adventure for sure. The man is a giant. A real life giant, a friendly giant if you will. He's even gotta duck to fit through doorjams!

He's got some great original tunes and is crazy good at singing covers. He really knows his voice and his style and knows what types of music to sing to complement that. And they were all songs I knew and loved. I think I actually said "I LOVE this song!!" for 5 songs in a row. Yea for Brent, I will be back to enjoy another Ceili's Wednesday for sure! AND another thing that made the evening fantabulous was that



I didn't really notice this until this morning when I woke up with my normal nest of hair around my face and noticed the lack of stale smoke smell that usually makes me want to vomit! It is SO nice not to have to feel like an ashtray the day after being at a pub, and I might even be able to wear my jacket again without having to wash it! Yea for fine establishments like this catering to us non-smokers before it becomes the law to do so!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No discrimination towards smokers or non-smokers!!
    THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

     
  • At 8:54 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    I have nothing against smokers themsleves....but thier habit revlots me in a confined space...I shouldn't have to get cancer because of their nicotine addiction!!

     
  • At 1:54 p.m., Blogger --Nathan-- said…

    screw em' i hate smokers, and i totally agree that its nice to wake up the next morning and not having to wash everything you have come in contact with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home