Adventures?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My love affair with red wine

Ok, so I know that I should know better...there are more than a story or two floating about out there which include me and too much red wine....but I just love the stuff too much!

Jim and I went out for a fancy dinner at the Sheraton last night on Jansen Ortho's dime and we just had to have a bottle of red wine to accompany our fondue. And it was oh so good that we ended up having a second bottle....bad move. I felt like garbage all day today!! It wasn't until about 9:00 tonight when I finally had some McDonalds cheeseburgers for dinner that I started to feel better. What is it about McDonalds that cures a hangover? I don't get it, but damn does it work!

Even with the nasty stomach yuckies all day today it was well worth it. We had a great time and some amazing food! I love fondue, and though it wasn't quite the grizzly house, it was a great Christmas dinner. Thanks Jimmie!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you drink a bottle of milk after you had too much alcohol => No hangover the day after.

    Peter

     
  • At 6:55 a.m., Blogger Dee said…

    That's the right verb....milk huh? What if my hangovers involve more of an upset stomache than a headache? I have feeling that adding milk to the mix would just make things a whole lot worse!

    No worries about getting hangovers at Christmas or New Years for this girl. I have to miss the traditional cousin drinking fest on Boxing Day so that I can come back to Calgary and work....and I have to work until midnight on New Years. Happy New Year to me! But I can't really complain because I DID just have 3 weeks off to travel...and I get another one in January...

     
  • At 12:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas Dee! Remember... MILK!

    Peter

     
  • At 2:25 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    ;o) Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too!

    I've yet to try the milk suggestion...but next time I'm drinking I will give it a shot!

     
  • At 12:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet you will

    Peter

     
  • At 3:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How was new year's eve?
    Did you use my milk idea?

    Peter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home