Adventures?

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmas Goodies

Ah, there's nothing that makes me feel more like Christmas is coming than the smell of chocolatey goodness throughout the house. I feel very successful today because it is not yet 2pm and I have already crossed 3 things off the baking checklist….although I’m not sure that I am allowed to count the peanut brittle I made because it seems that while I was busy dancing around the kitchen to Alejandro Sanz’s sexy voice I neglected to read that it was a microwave recipe rather than a stove top one…oops! It still tastes yummy, just looks a little bubblier than any peanut brittle I’ve seen before. Hehe…

There are still presents to be wrapped today. Including the HUGE box that Jimmie’s is in!! Hehe I love teasing him…maybe I should make him wait until after Christmas to open it….

But I think that before I continue with the holiday tasks its time for a little Harry Potter break first. It IS my last day off until Christmas, so I’d better enjoy it! I missed the boat on the Harry Potter books years ago when the craze started, so now I’m playing catch up. I’m only on the second one, but at this rate I’ll be done all of them and ready to see the new movie by New Years! I decided that I was being lazy and cheating myself out of the best possible Harry Potter experience by just watching the movies, so for this one I will not let myself see the movie until the books are done.

Oh my, I just re-read this post and I’m a huge nerd.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:37 p.m., Blogger Heather said…

    Harry Potter nerds are the best kind of nerds, since it's about READING... at least you aren't in a dungeons and dragons club or something. (that's what I tell myself when I wait in line for an hour and a half with my DAD surrounded by 12 years olds to see the movie on opening night anyways... it makes me feel slightly better about myself.)

    And good one on reading the books and not just seeing the movies. They are way better than the movies. The movies are good too, don't get me wrong. But the books are better.

     
  • At 9:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Harry potter movies aren't very good! The books are much better!! You should go to the movies and watch King Kong!
    An expedition explores a remote island with a gigantic ape deity known as Kong. Kong falls in love with a beautiful actress, who accompanies the expedition, when she is offered as a sacrifice. She is rescued. Kong is captured and taken to New York for exhibition. Kong breaks out of his cage and tries to elope with the actress.

    Beautiful!!!

     
  • At 3:39 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    Well now that I don't need to see the movie...

    Who are you anonymous?

     
  • At 11:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is Peter, 25years old. I'm from österreich. Accidentally arrived on your blog. I read about Harry Potter. Just wanna give you my opinion (for what it matters). I clicked on a few links and I came inhere. Actually, I was trying to find my girlfriend's webblog. But she doesn't wanna tell me the link, because she's still working on it. But as nosy as I am, I went an a research myself... And I ended up on your personal space. Sorry to interrupt you. But I kinda like your stories :-p

    Peter

     
  • At 4:28 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    No worries, read away!

    I was just wondering who you were...

     
  • At 1:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I sure will!

    Peter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home