Adventures?

Friday, January 20, 2006

Wowzers!

It has been a freakin' long time since I've written in here...i wonder if anyone is even still checking my blog for updates....I'll try to be better I promise!

I guess some bulet points would be the easiest (and least boring) way to catch up.

*Brad came home from New York for the Holidays, and it was fun to have him here. Mom was especially happy to have her whole family in the house for a month!

* Christmas was great this year although a little rushed because I had to be back in Calgary for work on Boxing Day. I was able to see most of the people I look forward to seeing every year, and the family celebrations were joyful and fun. Some highlights were: that Grandpa is home from the hospital and was able to make it on Christmas Eve, Greame forgave me for forgetting half of his gift in Calgary..., I got to have a lot of cousin time, which (sortof) made up for missing the Boxing Day cousin time, Midnight Mass was fun and full of giggles as usual, the Christmas day celebrations were bigger than ever with lots of new additions to the usual group, our crazy gift exchange was loads of fun, and many particiapted in the stealing of gifts and choosing new ones. And over all I felt extremely loved and blessed to have such a wonderful family to Celebrate the holidays with.

*New Years was a little bit less than thrilling, I worked LOTS in the week leading up to it and until midnight on New Years, so there were no festivities for me, but who can complain with all the holidays I've had lately, and it was nice not to have to make many of my staff work it.

*New Years Day, on the other hand was pretty good. Other than the bout of flu I was fighting off (rather unsuccessfully) I had a great day. As per tradition, we spent the afternoon/evening at the Green's house with our 'Calgary family' and Sue cooked up an awesome meal for us all to share and us "Kids" played games all night. Fun fun fun.

* A few days after New Years, on January 3rd we took off to Mexico!! I know, can you believe the amount of travelling I packed into 2 months? I can't. It was lots of fun, we were a group of 14 including my family and 3 others, and there was never any shortage of people to have a drink with! I've never stayed in a resort before, and though I had a few reservations (like the fact that the only Mexicans I met were serving us....and that people looked SO shocked if I spoke Spanish to them....in their own country where the spoken language is Spanish....) I really did enjoy myslef. Who can complain about sun and sand?? Not me!

* Since then I have been working lots and have come to the conclusion that I really like my job. It's been 3 months now and I'm so glad that I made the move. A deskjob was just not for me I guess! Here I am learning loads and it is constantly changing, I work with great people and we do a lot of laughing and generally enjoying each other's company. I had to stay home a few days (still fighting that silly flu/turned cold that won't go away) and I really missed being there.

* Jimmie was in Miami on a conference for work when I got home from Mexico and I missed him lots! Our travels seemed to do a poor job of overlapping each other in these past few months, and I'm glad we're both home and will be for a while. We really need to start travelling together!


Ok I think that's a good sum-up....much much more has happened in the last little while, but those are the highlights!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:49 a.m., Blogger kristen said…

    i almost commented yesterday that there seemed to be a lack of posting...and look, new news.

    i'm glad you're enjoying your job. it's important to have some fun at a place where you spend so much time.

     
  • At 3:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Finally...:o)

    Peter

     
  • At 9:30 a.m., Blogger Heather said…

    I was checking daily... though I ALMOST moved your link further down on my blog...

     
  • At 2:04 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    I need to figure out how to link your blogs to mine....and I still can't get more than one picture into a post...

    Maybe if I actually took the time to play around on here..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home