Adventures?

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Weekend!!!

Ok, so it's a day early, but I worked a six day week a few weeks back when we had to fire somebody, so I'm taking a 3 day weekend and Jimmie and I are going skiing!!! Yea! I haven't been out yet this year and I've really been missing it!

We're going to Kickinghorse which has become my favorite mountain in the past few years because the snow has been decent every time we've been there AND the runs are really long so it doesn't feel like you're sitting on the chairlift all day long! It's still a little hard for me to wrap my mind around only doing 4 runs a day but when it takes a good hour to get from the top down to the bottom it really makes sense!

One of my favorite things about going to Kickinghorse is staying at the Copperhorse lodge. It's a fantastic little place that feels nice and cozy and has THE best managers of any hotel I've ever stayed at! Jim and I discovered it last year when Puddle and Buck stayed there and convinced us to move over there from the hotel we were at and we haven't stayed anywhere else in Golden since. We even went back in the summer to check out the place with grass instead of snow and it was a fabulous time. (They even upgraded us to the Deluxe Suite!!!) And because it wasn't as busy as in the Winter we got to spend an evening chatting over drinks with the managers Paul and Stacey and got to know them better. We're really excited to go see them this weekend!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's jim's email?

     
  • At 6:46 a.m., Blogger Dee said…

    Not something I'm going to post online. Sorry!

     
  • At 1:50 p.m., Blogger Heather said…

    That's kind of a weird question... Stalking? Hmmmm

    But I'm jealous of the away for a weekend skiing thing... I haven't been in years, even though I LOVE it. Never been to kicking horse though.

     
  • At 5:03 p.m., Blogger kristen said…

    I'm so jealous! Hopefully we'll be able to do a weekend to Vermont or Montreal sometime soon.

     
  • At 2:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dee,

    How was your trip with Jim? We went to London this weekend! It was real fun!!
    Ever been to London?

    Peter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home