Adventures?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Weekend....it's gone so quickly

Grrr....I'm extremely angry at myself because I'm second guessing myself on the it's vs its grammar rules! I even gave a presentation on it in English 30AP because simple grammar mistakes like that drive me crazy...and now I can't remember it at all! Bah, I'm sure that the grammar police will correct me. K put down that red wine or you'll be forced to do it!

Anyway I can't believe the weekend has gone so fast. I guess I really only had one day off so that could add to the speed with which it flew by. Although it went by fast, I had a nice weekend.

Jim and Buck Sr cooked up a Moroccan feast for Cindy and I last night and it was excellent. I think the plan was that the 4 of us would cook together like we used to do sometimes when Jim lived with Buck, but instead Cindy and I let the boys go to town and we drank wine and chatted like girls do best. It was nice to catch up with Cindy since I haven't seen her in a while and I managed make myself switch to white wine after 2 glasses of red wine so things didn't get too messy....though I DID still manage to break a wine glass. It wasn't my fault really, I got excited after a big poker hand and my elbow got a little out of control.....oops! The night ended with a trip to the pub where Jim and I met up with a few other friends for a nightcap. Good times were had by all.

Today I had a well deserved sleep in and then a Sushi takeout feast for lunch. It was awesome and as always we ordered way too much. I think it took us 2 periods of the Flames game to eat and I still had to give my leftovers to Evan. After a poor showing by our beloved Flames, Jim Evan, Brian and I made our way down to Kensington for a cupcake feast at Crave and then we checked out the Oolong Teahouse. I was in heaven there. There were dozens of types and flavours of tea and I got to make my selection by smell. Does it really get much better than that? 'Hmmmm.....this one smell best today, I'll take it.' I had a Mint Mate. So tasty and so good for me. I think that I will end up frequenting that place!

I finished off my relaxing day by turning it up a notch for my second last soccer game of the season...it was a tad frustrating as we ended up tying the last team in the league. Boo. We just couldn't put the ball in the net and the goal that they scored with 2 minutes left to tie it up was a beauty, I must admit. Top left corner off a free kick. Their centre forward did a perfect job of screening our keeper and she never had a chance. Oh well, we have our last game on Thursday and its against the team we're currently tied for third with so we can still hold our position.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:25 a.m., Blogger --Nathan-- said…

    ooooh, you used the dreaded "knock over the wine glass with your elbow" poker face... very hard to read!

     
  • At 10:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when do we get to see the wedding pictures?

     
  • At 4:40 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    Yep. I'm an awesome poker player...never give anything away!

    Soon anonymous soon. I wanted to get some up this weekend but it just didn't happen.

     
  • At 5:57 p.m., Blogger kristen said…

    Mmmmmmm....suuushi....
    it is more expensive here than there. It sucks.

     
  • At 4:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, i can't wait

     

Post a Comment

<< Home