Adventures?

Monday, February 12, 2007

Big Fat Liar!!!

Our salesperson at the Brick is a liar liar liar!!!! Grrrrr! I don't mind if someone gets busy and doesn't have time to do something that they said they would. Sure I might get a little annoyed, but to downright lie about it? Unacceptable.

We purchased a couch from The Brick during boxing week and were told that it would be delivered on the 19th of January. That day came and went and we heard nothing. No big deal, we knew it would probably not arrive on time. So last week while Jim was in Quebec for a conference he got a call saying that the couch was in and they wanted to deliver it on Thrusday. I wasn't able to take the day off to sit and wait for it on such short notice, so I called to let them know that it would have to wait until Jim was back on Monday...well, had they waited for confirmation that we would be able to be home to accept the delivery? Nope! It was loaded for delivery already....do they think that nobody works and we should be at their beck and call when the damned couch is already 3 weeks late?!! I guess so!

So I called the delivery people and told them not to come. And after an annoying round of telephone tag with our salesperson I finally got ahold of her and she said that as soon as we got off the phone she would go to customer service and arrange to have the couch delivered on Monday.

So today, being Monday, Jim took the day off work and waited for the couch to arrive.....no couch came... This afternoon he managed to get the salesperson on the phone and she denied ever telling me that it would be delivered today. Grrrrrr!!!! If there is one thing that annoys me in sales it is lying. And lying about things that would make me seem like I am lying. I know what she said. Why would she lie about it? Just say you screwed up, appologize, and move on.

So now the couch is not coming until Thursday.....hopefully. If there is another screw-up heads are going to roll!!!!!

15 Comments:

  • At 6:10 p.m., Blogger Reverend Joyleaf said…

    I heard a story about a guy who had trouble with getting his living room set that he ordered. So everyday he went to the Brick with his newspaper and coffee and sat on the display couch for a few hours. When his actions were questioned he stated that as far as he was concerned that living room was his until they actually delivered something to his house. I don't know long that went on for or if the story is even true but it makes for a good tale.

     
  • At 7:38 a.m., Blogger --Nathan-- said…

    ooooooh, sounds like your couch story is getting close to beating mine. actually i cant complain, it may have been delayed, but the manager of the store called me a few times and after i got it, i recieved a thank you card from the store for being patient with them (nice gesture but i like money better than cards)

     
  • At 7:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eh, You're black!

     
  • At 7:07 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    That's a great story Steve! I might just try it!

    We're thinking that if we have anymore problems we might involve the manager and try and get a discount on the coffee table that we were thinking of buying to go with the couch....

    Um? Black? I dont get it.

     
  • At 10:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Never mind ! If you don't even know... how will I know?

    D.

     
  • At 8:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am curious to see whether or not it arrives today :)

     
  • At 10:11 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    It arrived!! I haven't seen it yet because I haven't been to the condo, but Jim says that its very comfy!

     
  • At 9:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you seen the couch yet?

    Peter

     
  • At 1:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, well,

    all quiet on the deanna-front...

     
  • At 1:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blogging is trying to perpetuate a meaningless, pointless life and at the same time hoping for people who aren't your friends, to enjoy it.

    BITCH

     
  • At 8:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    umm, anonymous, maybe you should keep your anonymous name-calling to yourself.

    that was completely uncalled for and completely inappropriate. take your negativity elsewhere.

     
  • At 9:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    didn't know Deanna have someone who's looking after her

     
  • At 4:50 p.m., Blogger Dee said…

    On the contrary annonymous, I blog to keep in touch with friends. And if you think what I write is meaningless, I would be more than happy for you not to read it.

    I don't need your kind of negative feedback. Thanks.

     
  • At 12:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, your wish is my command Dear.

     
  • At 7:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home